Print made by William Hibbart, active 1760–1800, Watteau, undated
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 13/16 x 9 1/8 inches (30 x 23.2 cm), Plate: 6 11/16 x 5 3/8 inches (17 x 13.6 cm), and Image: 5 7/8 x 4 15/16 inches (15 x 12.6 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "WATTEAU"; lower right: "W. Hibbart Sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | boards | buttons | draughtsman (artist) | fur coat | man | paintbrush | painter | palette | portrait | posing
- Associated People:
- Watteau, Jean-Antoine (1684-1721), French painter and draftsman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.