- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 13/16 x 9 1/8 inches (30 x 23.2 cm), Plate: 6 11/16 x 5 3/8 inches (17 x 13.6 cm), and Image: 5 7/8 x 4 15/16 inches (15 x 12.6 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "WATTEAU"; lower right: "W. Hibbart Sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | boards | buttons | draughtsman (artist) | fur coat | man | paintbrush | painter | palette | portrait | posing
- Associated People:
- Watteau, Jean-Antoine (1684-1721), French painter and draftsman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Hibbart, active 1760–1800, Watteau, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.