- Benjamin West, R.A.
- Soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/4 x 8 3/8 inches (28.6 x 21.3 cm), Plate: 10 11/16 x 8 inches (27.2 x 20.3 cm), and Image: 10 11/16 x 8 inches (27.2 x 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "4/"
Lettered, lower left: "Geo Dance del March 3, 1793"; lower center: "Benj. West, R.A. | Published by Willm Daniell, No.9 Cleveland Street, Fitzroy Square, London, Sept.r 15, 1809"; lower right: "W.m Daniell, Fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | collar | cravat | man | painter | portrait | posing | profile | ribbon | ruffles
- Associated People:
- West, Benjamin (1738–1820), American history painter active in Britain
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, Benjamin West, R.A, 1809
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.