- Joseph Wilton, R.A.
- Soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 17 15/16 x 11 3/4 inches (45.6 x 29.8 cm), Plate: 10 11/16 x 8 1/16 inches (27.2 x 20.4 cm), and Image: 10 11/16 x 8 1/16 inches (27.2 x 20.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "25.90"; on back, lower right: "5/ | 25A"
Lettered, lower left: "Geo. Dance del. March 30, 1793"; lower center: "Joseph Wilton, R.A. | Published by Will.m Daniell, No. 9 Cleveland Street, Fitzroy Square, London, March 15, 1810."; lower right: "W.m Daniell Fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | chair | collar | man | mole | portrait | posing | profile | sculptor | wig
- Associated People:
- Wilton, Joseph (1722–1803), sculptor
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, Joseph Wilton, R.A, 1810
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.