IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, Joseph Wilton, R.A, 1810
Joseph Wilton, R.A.
- Soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 17 15/16 x 11 3/4 inches (45.6 x 29.8 cm), Plate: 10 11/16 x 8 1/16 inches (27.2 x 20.4 cm), Image: 10 11/16 x 8 1/16 inches (27.2 x 20.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "25.90"; on back, lower right: "5/ | 25A"
Lettered, lower left: "Geo. Dance del. March 30, 1793"; lower center: "Joseph Wilton, R.A. | Published by Will.m Daniell, No. 9 Cleveland Street, Fitzroy Square, London, March 15, 1810."; lower right: "W.m Daniell Fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | chair | collar | man | mole | portrait | posing | profile | sculptor | wig
- Associated People:
- Wilton, Joseph (1722–1803), sculptor
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.