- Additional Title(s):
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 13 3/4 x 9 13/16 inches (35 x 25 cm) and Image: 11 1/2 x 9 13/16 inches (29.2 x 25 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center: "124"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "G: Kneller pinx: 1685."; lower center: "Optimi Ingeny Viro | Joanni Wootton | JOANNIS WYCK insignis Præliorum Pictoris quondam Discipulo hanc Magistri Effigiem | 29. Octobris 1652 Natus est Obyt 1700."; lower right: "J. Faber fecit 1730. | DDD. Faber."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | bust | cravat | lace | man | oval | portrait | wig
- Associated People:
- Wyck, Jan van (c.1645–1700), painter
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Faber the Younger, ca. 1695–1756, Netherlandish, active in Britain, Joanni Wootton, 1730
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.