- Additional Title(s):
WILLIAM WOOLLET, ENGRAVER.
William Woollet, Engraver, 1795
William Woollett, Engraver
- Etching on thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 9 5/8 x 6 inches (24.4 x 15.2 cm), Plate: 4 3/4 x 3 3/4 inches (12 x 9.5 cm), and Image: 3 3/8 x 2 5/8 inches (8.5 x 6.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "3\ | B1977.14.12749 | (IR74|2480)"
Lettered, lower left on oval: "T. Hearne F.S.A. advivium del. 1770." lower right on oval: "F. Bartolozzi R.A. Sculp. 1795."; lower center: "WILLIAM WOOLLET, | ENGRAVER. | London Pub April 30 1795 by J Thane, Spur Street, Leicester Square"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cap | coat | engraver (printmaker) | man | oval | portrait | profile | stock
- Associated People:
- Woollett, William (1735–1785), printmaker
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), William Woollet, 1795
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.