IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by James Bretherton, ca. 1730–1806, British, Frederick Zincke and Liotard, 1762
Frederick Zincke and Liotard
- Former Title(s):
Christian Friedrich Zincke and Jean Etienne Liotard
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 7/8 x 9 1/16 inches (30.1 x 23 cm), Plate: 6 15/16 x 5 3/8 inches (17.6 x 13.7 cm), Image: 5 3/4 x 5 inches (14.6 x 12.7 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "J Bretherton, f"; lower center: "FREDERICK ZINCKE."; lower right: "LIOTARD."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artists | beard | coats | collar | costume | double portrait | hand | hats | men | miniature painter | oval | painters (artists) | portrait | profile | self-portrait
- Associated People:
- Zincke, Christian Frederick (1684?–1767), miniature painter
Liotard, Jean-Étienne (1702–1789), painter
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.