Mary, Countess of Seaforth
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 14 x 10 1/16 inches (35.5 x 25.5 cm) and Image: 12 3/16 x 9 13/16 inches (31 x 24.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper right: "£10"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "A. Ramsay Pinxt,, 1749."; lower center: "The Rt. Honble,, Mary Countess of Seafort."; lower right: "J. Faber fecit 1751."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bows (costume accessories) | feathers | gown | hat | nobility | portrait | trees | woman
- Associated People:
- Mackenzie, Mary (m. 1751), countess of Seaforth
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Faber the Younger, ca. 1695–1756, Netherlandish, active in Britain, Mary, Countess of Seaforth, 1751
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.