IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Faber the Younger, ca. 1695–1756, Netherlandish, active in Britain, Mary, Countess of Seaforth, 1751
Mary, Countess of Seaforth
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 × 10 1/16 inches (35.5 × 25.5 cm), Image: 12 3/16 × 9 13/16 inches (31 × 24.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper right: "£10"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "A. Ramsay Pinxt,, 1749."; lower center: "The Rt. Honble,, Mary Countess of Seafort."; lower right: "J. Faber fecit 1751."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bows (costume accessories) | feathers | gown | hat | nobility | portrait | trees | woman
- Associated People:
- Mackenzie, Mary (m. 1751), countess of Seaforth
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.