- Autumnal Sunset
- Mezzotint and drypoint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 5/8 x 17 3/8 inches (29.5 x 44.1 cm), Plate: 7 x 9 7/8 inches (17.8 x 25.1 cm), and Image: 5 1/8 x 9 1/2 inches (13 x 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "54.3.2"; in graphite, lower right: "5 | 198 | 119 x 110"; inscribed verso in graphite, lower left: "16"
Lettered lower right inside image: "I.C DL"; lower left: "Painted by John Constable R. A."; lower center: "AUTUMNAL SUN SET | London. Pubd. by Mr. Constable 35, Charlotte St. Fitzroy Square 1831."; lower right: "Engraved by David Lucas."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. John Archer Gee for History of Art (History of Prints)
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- autumn | farm | hills | horse (animal) | landscape | peasants | sunset | trees
- Associated Places:
- East Bergholt | England | Europe | Suffolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by David Lucas, 1802–1881, British, Autumnal Sunset, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.