- His Royal Highness William Augustus, Duke of Cumberland
- ca. 1760
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 13 1/16 × 9 1/16 inches (33.1 × 23 cm) and Image: 10 7/8 × 9 inches (27.7 × 22.8 cm)
Marked in blue ink, on back, center, collector's stamp: Paul Mellon Collection
Lettered, lower left: "J. Reynolds Pinxit 1760"; lower center: "His Royal Highness (coat of arms) William Agustus | Duke of Cumberland."; lower right: "Edw.d Fisher fect"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buttons | coat | cravat | curls | duke | duke | embroidery | gaze | lace | man | medal | portrait | posing | sash | wig
- Associated People:
- William Augustus, Prince, duke of Cumberland (1721–1765), army office
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Fisher, 1722–1785, British, His Royal Highness William Augustus, Duke of Cumberland, ca. 1760
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.