Jane, Duchess of Gordon
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 14 15/16 × 11 inches (38 × 28 cm), Image: 12 13/16 × 11 inches (32.6 × 28 cm)
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds"; lower center: "Jane Dutchess of Gordon.~ | Publish'd Feby 28th 1775, by V.M. Picot No.16 Strand, & Will.m Dickinson Henrietta Street Covent Garden LONDON."; lower right: "Engraved by W. Dickinson"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- agriculture | beauty | belt | collar | curls | duchess | gaze | hair | jewels | lace | necklace | pearls | political | portrait | posing | reformer | ribbons (materials) | ruff | satin | sleeves | solemn
- Associated People:
- Jane, Duchess of Gordon (née Maxwell) (1748/9 - 1812), academic/intellectual
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Dickinson, 1746–1823, British, Jane, Duchess of Gordon, 1775
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.