Harriet Callander of Craigforth
- Additional Title(s):
Mrs. Callendar of Craigforth
- ca. 1772
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, smooth, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 14 × 10 1/16 inches (35.5 × 25.5 cm) and Image: 13 1/8 × 10 1/16 inches (33.3 × 25.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen, on front, lower center: "Mrs Callendar of Craigforth"; on back, in graphite, lower left: "16"
Marked in blue ink, on back, center, collector's stamp: "Paul Mellon Collection"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cuffs | curls | fur | gaze | gesturing | lace | pearls | portrait | posing | resting | ribbons | robe | sash | solemn
- Associated People:
- Callander, Harriet (18th c), 2nd wife of Col James Callander
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to William Dickinson, 1746–1823, British, Harriet Callander of Craigforth, ca. 1772
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.