Vignette, Hampstead Heath, Middlesex
- Additional Title(s):
Hampstead Heath, Labourer Returning
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 11 3/4 x 17 3/8 inches (29.8 x 44.1 cm), 6 1/2 x 9 inches (16.5 x 22.9 cm), and 3 5/8 x 6 inches (9.2 x 15.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "54.3.17"; inscribed verso in graphite, lower left: "56"
Lettered upper center: "VIGNETTE. | To Mr. Constable's English Landscape."; lower left: "Painted by John Constable R.A."; lower right: "Engraved by David Lucas."; lower center: "HAMPSTEAD HEATH, MIDDLESEX. | "Ut Umbra sic Vita. London. Pubd. by Mr. Constable 35 Charlotte St. Fitzroy Square. 1831."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. John Archer Gee for History of Art (History of Prints)
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Greater London | Hampstead Heath | Middlesex | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
The Romantic Print in Britain - Yale Center for British Art (Carnegie Museum of Art, 2004-02-14 - 2004-05-09) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
The Romantic Landscape Prints - The Chiaroscuro of Nature (Yale Center for British Art, 2002-09-25 - 2002-12-29) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]