Vignette, Hampstead Heath, Middlesex
- Additional Title(s):
Hampstead Heath, Labourer Returning
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 3/4 x 17 3/8 inches (29.8 x 44.1 cm), Plate: 6 1/2 x 9 inches (16.5 x 22.9 cm), and Image: 3 5/8 x 6 inches (9.2 x 15.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "54.3.17"; inscribed verso in graphite, lower left: "56"
Lettered upper center: "VIGNETTE. | To Mr. Constable's English Landscape."; lower left: "Painted by John Constable R.A."; lower right: "Engraved by David Lucas."; lower center: "HAMPSTEAD HEATH, MIDDLESEX. | "Ut Umbra sic Vita. London. Pubd. by Mr. Constable 35 Charlotte St. Fitzroy Square. 1831."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. John Archer Gee for History of Art (History of Prints)
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Greater London | Hampstead Heath | Middlesex | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by David Lucas, 1802–1881, British, Vignette, Hampstead Heath, Middlesex, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.