America. A Prophecy, Plate 10, "The Terror Answered...."
- Part Of:
- Color-printed relief etching in green-black with pen and black ink and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 1/2 x 10 1/2 inches (36.8 x 26.7 cm) and Plate: 9 3/8 x 6 5/8 inches (23.8 x 16.8 cm)
Inscribed in blue ink upper right: "8"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | clouds | men | night | religious and mythological subject | robe | rocks (landforms) | text | water
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
William Blake, Libros profe´ticos, vol. 1, Atalanta, Vilau¨r, Spain, 2013, p. 213, PR4142 .S35 2013
Henry Crabb Robinson, Lives of William Blake, The J. Paul Getty Museum, Los Angeles, p. 114, NJ18.B57 A12 2020a (YCBA)
He´le`ne Pharabod-Ibata, The Challenge of the Sublime, from Burke's Philosophical Enquiry to British Romantic Art, Manchester University Press, Manchester, p. 178, fig. 9, NX650.S92 P43 2018 (LC) (YCBA)
William Blake : Visionary, The J. Paul Getty Museum, Los Angeles, p. 123, pl. 81, NJ18.B57 A12 2020 OVERSIZE (YCBA)
William Blake, Tate Publishing, London, p. 72, cat. 47, NJ18.B57 M97 2019 (LC) Oversize (YCBA)