IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by David Lucas, 1802–1881, British, Spring, 1829 to 1830
- Additional Title(s):
Spring, East Bergholt Common, Hail Squalls, Noon
- Part Of:
Collective Title: English Landscape: Various Subjects of Landscape, Characteristic of English Scenery, from Pictures Painted by John Constable, R.A.
- 1829 to 1830
- Mezzotint and drypoint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 5/8 x 17 1/4 inches (29.5 x 43.8 cm), Plate: 6 1/8 x 10 1/8 inches (15.6 x 25.7 cm), Image: 5 x 9 5/8 inches (12.7 x 24.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "116 x 110 | 6"; inscribed verso in graphite, lower left: "18"
Lettered lower left: "Painted by John Constable R.A."; lower center: " SPRING | London. Pubd. by Mr. Constable 35 Charlotte St. Fitzroy Square. 1830."; lower right: "Engraved by David Lucas."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated Places:
- East Bergholt | England | Europe | Suffolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.