IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Edward Fisher, 1722–1785, British, Admiral George Edgcumbe, first Earl of Mount Edgcumbe, 1760
Admiral George Edgcumbe, first Earl of Mount Edgcumbe
- Additional Title(s):
Admiral George Edgcumbe, 1st Earl of Mount Edgcumbe
Lord Edgecumbe, George, 1st Earl of Mount Edgecumbe
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 15 3/16 × 10 7/8 inches (38.6 × 27.6 cm), Image: 13 1/4 × 10 13/16 inches (33.6 × 27.5 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower center: "Georges Lord Edgecumbe | Come to the title by the Death of his Brother 1761 Treasurer of teh household 1765 moved Nov 27 1766"
Marked in blue ink, on back, center, collector's stamp: Paul Mellon Collection
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- admiral | clouds | coast | coat | cravat | cuffs | embroidery | gesturing | lace | marine art | meteorology | military uniform | navy | ocean | pointing | portrait | posing | ribbon | rocks (landforms) | sails | science | ship | storm | waves (natural events)
- Associated People:
- Edgcumbe, Admiral George, 1st Earl of Mount Edgcumbe, PC (1720-1795), naval officer and politician
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.