- Additional Title(s):
David Stewart Erskine, 6th Earl of Buchan
David Stewart Erskine, 11th Earl of Buchan
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- 15 1/16 × 11 inches (38.2 × 28 cm) and 13 9/16 × 10 7/8 inches (34.4 × 27.7 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower center: "Now Earl of Buchan"
Marked in blue ink, on back, center, collector's stamp: "Paul Mellon Collection"
Lettered, lower left: "J,, Reynolds Pinx,,t | Published according to Act of Parliament Nov,,r 22.d 1765."; lower center: "Lord ~ Cardross.~"; lower right: "J,, Finlayson Fecit. | Sold at the Golden Lamp in Berwick Street, Price 5.s"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baron | buttons | cape | collar | columns | cuffs | gaze | gesturing | lace | mantle | portrait | posing | scientist | sleeves | thoughtful | writer
- Associated People:
- Erskine, David Stewart, 6th Earl of Buchan (1742-1829), scientific writer
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.