Sir Robert Fletcher
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- 14 13/16 × 11 inches (37.6 × 27.9 cm) and 12 15/16 × 11 inches (32.9 × 27.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen, on front, lower right: "50"
Marked in blue ink, on back, center, collector's stamp: "Paul Mellon Collection"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds."; lower center: "Sir Robert Fletcher~ | Publish'd Nov.r 24th 1774 by W Dickinson at MrsSledges Henrietta Street Covent Garden."; lower right: "Engraved by W,, Dickinson."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buttons | clouds | collar | colonel | curls | epaulettes | gaze | man | nobleman | oval | portrait | posing | ribbons | sky | soldier | solemn | uniform | wig
- Associated People:
- Fletcher, Col Sir Robert (1738-1776), colonel in the Indian Army, M.P.
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.