- The Honorable Richard Edgcumbe, Second Earl of Mount Edgcumbe
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 15 3/8 x 11 inches (39 x 28 cm) and Image: 13 1/4 x 11 inches (33.7 x 28 cm)
Marked in blue ink, on back, center, collector's stamp: "Paul Mellon Collection"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds 1774"; lower center: "The Hob,,ble Richard Edgcumbe.~ | Published July the 2nd 1774 by W: Dickinson at M.r Sledges Henrietta Street Covent Garden."; lower right: "Engraved by W. Dickinson."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boy | buttons | child | coat | cuffs | earl | gaze | grass | hills | landscape | portrait | posing | rocks (landforms) | ruff | solemn | trees | vest | youth
- Associated People:
- Edgcumbe, Richard, second earl of Mount Edgcumbe (1764–1839), writer on opera
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Dickinson, 1746–1823, British, The Honorable Richard Edgcumbe, Second Earl of Mount Edgcumbe, 1774
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.