America. A Prophecy, Plate 16, "In the Flames Stood...."
- Part Of:
- Color-printed relief etching in green-black with pen and black ink and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 14 1/2 x 10 1/2 inches (36.8 x 26.7 cm) and 9 3/8 x 6 3/4 inches (23.8 x 17.1 cm)
Inscribed in blue ink upper right: "14"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- branches | clouds | dragon | fire | flame | men | mythological figures | nudes | religious and mythological subject | roots | serpent | snake | text | trees | women
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
William Blake - The Artist (Tate Britain, 2019-09-11 - 2020-02-20) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
The Critique of Reason : Romantic Art, 1760–1860 (Yale University Art Gallery, 2015-03-06 - 2015-07-26) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
The Human Form Divine - William Blake from the Paul Mellon Collection (Yale Center for British Art, 1997-04-02 - 1997-07-06) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
William Blake, Libros profe´ticos, vol. 1, Atalanta, Vilau¨r, Spain, 2013, p. 225, PR4142 .S35 2013 [ORBIS]
William Blake : Visionary, The J. Paul Getty Museum, Los Angeles, p. 129, pl. 87, NJ18.B57 A12 2020 OVERSIZE (YCBA) [YCBA]