Miss Emma Crewe and Miss Elizabeth Crewe
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet (cropped to plate): 19 7/8 x 14 inches (50.5 x 35.6 cm) and Image: 18 5/16 x 14 inches (46.5 x 35.6 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, on front, lower center: "Miss Crewes"
Marked in blue ink, on back, center, collector's stamp: "Paul Mellon Collection"
Lettered, lower left: "Reynolds Pinxt"; lower center: "Publish'd according to Act of Parliament. | Sold by Ryland and Bryer in Cornhill.~"; lower right: "Dixon fecit.~"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | capes | clouds | cuffs | curls | dresses | embracing | flowers (plants) | gaze | gesturing | hair | jewels | lace | ladies | leaves | mantles | pearls | portrait | posing | ribbons | satin | sisters | standing | trees | women
- Associated People:
- Crewe, Emma (1780–1850)
Crewe, Elizabeth (married, 1766)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Dixon, ca. 1740–1811, Irish, Miss Emma Crewe and Miss Elizabeth Crewe, 1782
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.