Elizabeth Duchess of Manchester and George Mandeville Her Son
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- 24 13/16 × 16 1/8 inches (63 × 41 cm) and 24 5/16 × 16 1/8 inches (61.8 × 41 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "Eliz Dss of Manchester Daughter of Sr Jas Dashwood Bart & George D Mandeville her son"; inscribed in pen and black ink, lower right: "1:1."
Paul Mellon Collector's mark, verso
Lettered, lower left: "Sir Joshua Reynolds pinxt."; lettered lower right: "James Watson fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Herbert, Elizabeth, Countess of Pembroke and Montgomery (1737–1831)
Herbert, Henry, 10th Earl of Pembroke and 7th Earl of Montgomery (1734–1794), military/naval
Herbert, George Augustus, 11th Earl of Pembroke and 8th Earl of Montgomery (1759–1827), politician/statesman, military/naval
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Watson, 1740–1790, British, Elizabeth Duchess of Manchester and George Mandeville Her Son, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.