- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 24 3/8 × 15 1/16 inches (61.9 × 38.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper right and lower left: "2"
Paul Mellon Collector's mark, verso
Lettered, lower center: "Mrs. ABINGTON. | Publish'd & Sold by L Wesson, in Litchfield Strt. Soho."; lettered lower left: "Sr. J Reynolds pinx"; lettered lower right: "Js. Watson fec"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- actress | performance | portrait | stage | theater (discipline) | woman
- Associated People:
- Abington, Frances (1737–1815), actress
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.