America. A Prophecy, Plate 5, "A | Prophecy | The Guardian Prince of Albion...."
- Part Of:
- Relief etching printed in blue with pen and black ink and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 1/2 x 10 1/2 inches (36.8 x 26.7 cm), Plate: 9 1/4 x 6 5/8 inches (23.5 x 16.8 cm)
Inscribed in blue-gray ink upper right: "3"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chains | children | flames | men | nudes | religious and mythological subject | shackles | text | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
William Blake - The Artist (Tate Britain, 2019-09-11 - 2020-02-20) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
The Critique of Reason : Romantic Art, 1760–1860 (Yale University Art Gallery, 2015-03-06 - 2015-07-26) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
The Romantic Print in the Age of Revolutions: Hero, Hero-Worship, and the Heroic in History (Yale Center for British Art, 2003-01-23 - 2003-06-01) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
The Human Form Divine - William Blake from the Paul Mellon Collection (Yale Center for British Art, 1997-04-02 - 1997-07-06) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
William Blake, Libros profe´ticos, vol. 1, Atalanta, Vilau¨r, Spain, 2013, p. 204, PR4142 .S35 2013 [ORBIS]
William Blake : Visionary, The J. Paul Getty Museum, Los Angeles, p. 119, pl. 76, NJ18.B57 A12 2020 OVERSIZE (YCBA) [YCBA]