IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by George Cooke, 1781–1834, British, Florence, from the Chiesa al Monte, 1820
Florence, from the Chiesa al Monte
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 × 14 1/2 inches (26.7 × 36.8 cm), Plate: 9 × 12 inches (22.9 × 30.5 cm), Image: 5 1/2 × 8 11/16 inches (14 × 22.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.158"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Hakewill's Picturesque Tour of Italy 1820"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "([full count] [april 40])"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A. from a sketch by j. Hakewill."; lettered, lower center: "Florence, | from the Chiesa al Monte. | Publish'd as the act directs, June 1 1820, by John Murray, Albemarle St. London."; lettered, lower right: "Engrav'd by George Cooke."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | basilica | bridge | building | cityscape | infant | kneeling | lute | man | mountain | priest | religious and mythological subject | river | sitting | staff | tower | tree | water | woman
- Associated Places:
- Arno | Firenze | Firenze | Italy | Ponte Vecchio | San Miniato al Monte | Toscana
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.