- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, with cream, chine colle
- Sheet: 12 3/16 × 18 3/8 inches (31 × 46.7 cm), Plate: 11 1/4 × 17 1/2 inches (28.6 × 44.5 cm), Chine collé: 11 1/4 × 17 1/4 inches (28.6 × 43.8 cm), and Image: 7 9/16 × 10 11/16 inches (19.2 × 27.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.169"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "1819 Whitakers Richmondshire"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "([beu foret May 43])"
Lettered, lower left: "J.M.W. Turner, R.A. delt."; lettered, lower center: "Richmond, Yorkshire, | Published March 3d, 1819, by Longman House, Rees, Orme, & Brown, Paternoster Row: and Hurst, Robinson & Co., Cheapside, London."; lettered, lower right: "W.R.Smith sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | church | cityscape | landscape (representation) | river | waterfall
- Associated Places:
- Church of St. Mary the Virgin | England | North Yorkshire | Richmond | Richmond Castle | Richmond Falls | Swale | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by W. R. Smith, active 1819–1851, Richmond, Yorkshire, 1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.