IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by W. R. Smith, active 1819–1851, Richmond, Yorkshire, 1819
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 12 3/16 × 18 3/8 inches (31 × 46.7 cm), Plate: 11 1/4 × 17 1/2 inches (28.6 × 44.5 cm), Chine collé: 11 1/4 × 17 1/4 inches (28.6 × 43.8 cm), Image: 7 9/16 × 10 11/16 inches (19.2 × 27.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.169"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "1819 Whitakers Richmondshire"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "([beu foret May 43])"
Lettered, lower left: "J.M.W. Turner, R.A. delt."; lettered, lower center: "Richmond, Yorkshire, | Published March 3d, 1819, by Longman House, Rees, Orme, & Brown, Paternoster Row: and Hurst, Robinson & Co., Cheapside, London."; lettered, lower right: "W.R.Smith sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | church | cityscape | landscape (representation) | river | waterfall
- Associated Places:
- Church of St. Mary the Virgin | England | North Yorkshire | Richmond | Richmond Castle | Richmond Falls | Swale | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.