The Book of Thel, Plate 4, "Why should the mistress . . . ."
- Relief etching printed in brown with pen and ink and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 3/8 x 9 inches (28.9 x 22.9 cm), Plate: 6 x 4 3/8 inches (15.2 x 11.1 cm), and Spine: 11 1/2 inches (29.2 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- branches | garden | leaf | plants | text | trees | vines | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
William Blake, Libros profe´ticos, vol. 1, Atalanta, Vilau¨r, Spain, 2013, p. 69, PR4142 .S35 2013