Tenth Plague of Egypt
- Part Of:
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 × 16 3/4 inches (27.9 × 42.5 cm), Plate: 8 1/4 × 11 1/2 inches (21 × 29.2 cm), and Image: 7 × 10 1/4 inches (17.8 × 26 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "61"; lower right: 3rd State"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "Sotheby | 1.8.22 | Ay"; lower center: "(Rimell, 1927 | Ex Wallis Collection)"
Lettered above imgage: "H"; below image: "Drawn & Etched by I.M.W.Turner Esq.R.A. | Engraved by W.Say Engraver to H R H the Duke of Gloucester | TENTH PLAGUE OF EGYPT | Published Jan 1. 1816 by I.M.W.Turner: Queen Ann Street West."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- child | city | death | family | foliage | hill | landscape | landscape | lightning | mourning | path | plague | pyramids (tombs) | religious and mythological subject | sitting | son | stairs | storm | the plague of the first-born: the destroying angel passes through the land and kills every Egyptian first-born of man and animal | tree | woman
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Tenth Plague of Egypt, 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.