- Junction of Severn and Wye
- Etching, aquatint, and mezzotint, printed in brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/4 × 10 1/2 inches (18.4 × 26.7 cm) and Mount: 10 3/4 × 16 1/4 inches (27.3 × 41.3 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, lower left: "28"; lower right: "2nd State"; inscribed on verso of mount in graphite, lower left: "Drawn. Etched & Engraved by J.M.W.Turner June 1811"; lower center: "Junction of Severn & Wye 2nd State"; lower right: "Meatyard March 1930"
Lettered below image: "Drawn Etched & Engraved by J.M.W. Turner Esqr. R.A."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Etched and engraved by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Junction of Severn and Wye, 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.