- The Hindoo Worshipper
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/8 × 10 3/8 inches (18.1 × 26.4 cm) and Mount: 11 1/8 × 14 1/2 inches (28.3 × 36.8 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, lower left: "23"; lower right: "Third State"; inscribed on verso of mount in graphite, lower left: "Turner-Dunkarton. Jan 1 1811"; lower center: "Known as | 'The Hindu Worshipper - Hindu Devotions' (really Italian. The shrine is Virgin & Child)"; lower right: "(J.W. Jan 1940)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | temple | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, The Hindoo Worshipper, 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.