The Hindoo Worshipper
- Additional Title(s):
The Temple of Minerva Medica
- Part Of:
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed to image): 7 1/8 × 10 3/8 inches (18.1 × 26.4 cm) and Mount: 11 1/8 × 14 1/2 inches (28.3 × 36.8 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, lower left: "23"; lower right: "Third State"; inscribed on verso of mount in graphite, lower left: "Turner-Dunkarton. Jan 1 1811"; lower center: "Known as | 'The Hindu Worshipper - Hindu Devotions' (really Italian. The shrine is Virgin & Child)"; lower right: "(J.W. Jan 1940)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | temple | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, The Hindoo Worshipper, 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.