IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, The Hindoo Worshipper, 1811
The Hindoo Worshipper
- Additional Title(s):
The Temple of Minerva Medica
- Part Of:
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/8 × 10 3/8 inches (18.1 × 26.4 cm), Mount: 11 1/8 × 14 1/2 inches (28.3 × 36.8 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, lower left: "23"; lower right: "Third State"; inscribed on verso of mount in graphite, lower left: "Turner-Dunkarton. Jan 1 1811"; lower center: "Known as | 'The Hindu Worshipper - Hindu Devotions' (really Italian. The shrine is Virgin & Child)"; lower right: "(J.W. Jan 1940)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | temple | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.