- The Woman and Tambourine
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink 2nd state on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 × 11 3/8 inches (20.3 × 28.9 cm), Image: 7 1/4 × 10 1/2 inches (18.4 × 26.7 cm), and Mount: 10 1/2 × 15 inches (26.7 × 38.1 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, lower left: "3"; lower right: "Second State"; inscribed on verso, lower left to lower right: "First Published Jan 20 1807 | 'The Woman & Tambourine' | Liber Studiorum | 2nd State | ([...] Aug 42 originally of of my [...])"
Lettered above image: "EP"; below image: "Drawn & Etched by J.M.W.Turner, R.A. | Engraved by C.Turner | Published as the Act directs by J.M.W.Turner Harley Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | child | landscape | river | trees | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, The Woman and Tambourine, 1807
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.