Bridge and Cows
- Part Of:
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 5/8 × 15 7/8 inches (27 × 40.3 cm), Plate: 8 1/8 × 11 3/8 inches (20.6 × 28.9 cm), and Image: 7 1/8 × 10 3/8 inches (18.1 × 26.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "2"; lower right: "2nd State"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "First Published Jun 20/1807 | The Bridge & Cows (From Parson's, Brompton Rd | c 1918)"; in brown ink, lower right: "Turn 172"' in graphite: "2nd State | 2"
Lettered above image: "P"; below image: "Drawn & Etched by J.M.W.Turner, R.A. | Engraved by C.Turner | Published as the Act directs by J.M.W.Turner Harley Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | country (rural landscape) | cows | landscape | people | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Bridge and Cows, 1807
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.