Bridge and Cows
- Part Of:
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 5/8 × 15 7/8 inches (27 × 40.3 cm), Plate: 8 1/8 × 11 3/8 inches (20.6 × 28.9 cm), and Image: 7 1/8 × 10 3/8 inches (18.1 × 26.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "2"; lower right: "2nd State"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "First Published Jun 20/1807 | The Bridge & Cows (From Parson's, Brompton Rd | c 1918)"; in brown ink, lower right: "Turn 172"' in graphite: "2nd State | 2"
Lettered above image: "P"; below image: "Drawn & Etched by J.M.W.Turner, R.A. | Engraved by C.Turner | Published as the Act directs by J.M.W.Turner Harley Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | country (rural landscape) | cows | landscape | people | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Bridge and Cows, 1807
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.