Venice from the Lagoon
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 9 1/4 x 12 11/16 inches (23.5 x 32.2 cm) and Image: 5 11/16 x 9 3/4 inches (14.5 x 24.7 cm)
Lettered, inside image, center right: "VENICE | From The Lagoon | Wilfrid Ball"; lower center: "THE ART JOURNAL. | VENICE FROM THE LAGOON. | ORIGINAL ETCHING BY WILFRID BALL."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | buildings | city | cityscape | dome | gondola | lagoon | marine art | masts | oars | sailboat | sails | sea | ships | towers
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Italy | Venice
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Wilfred Williams Ball, 1853–1917, British, Venice from the Lagoon, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.