- John Hamilton Mortimer
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 13/16 x 9 5/8 inches (32.6 x 24.5 cm), Plate: 10 7/8 x 7 15/16 inches (27.6 x 20.1 cm), and Image: 9 x 7 1/16 inches (22.8 x 17.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "[...]0287 (encircled)"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "A. Van Assen Fecit | John Hamilton Mortimer. Pictor. | fac simile from a Drawing in Pen & Ink by himself. | Published Feby. 1. 1810, by J Parry, Bentinck Street, Soho."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | coat | collar | man | portrait | profile (figure)
- Associated People:
- Mortimer, John Hamilton (1740–1779), painter and etcher
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Benedictus Antonio van Assen, active 1788–died 1817, British, John Hamilton Mortimer, 1810
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.