Europe. A Prophecy, Plate 14, "And the clouds & fires . . . . " (Bentley 15)
- Color-printed relief etching in dark brown with pen and black ink, oil and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 3/4 x 10 1/2 inches (37.5 x 26.7 cm), Plate: 9 3/8 x 6 3/4 inches (23.8 x 17.1 cm), and Spine: 15 3/8 inches (39.1 cm)
Inscribed in gray ink upper right: "12"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- religious and mythological subject | spider web | text | vegetation | web
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, Europe. A Prophecy, Plate 14, "And the clouds & fires . . . . " (Bentley 15), 1794
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.