Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, Europe. A Prophecy, Plate 15, "The red limb'd Angel . . . . " (Bentley 16), 1794
Europe. A Prophecy, Plate 15, "The red limb'd Angel . . . . " (Bentley 16)
- Color-printed relief etching in dark brown with pen and black ink, oil and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 3/4 x 10 1/2 inches (37.5 x 26.7 cm), Plate: 9 1/8 x 6 5/8 inches (23.2 x 16.8 cm), and Spine: 15 3/8 inches (39.1 cm)
Inscribed in gray ink upper right: "13"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chains | keys | men | nudes | religious and mythological subject | shackles | stairs | text
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.