The First Book of Urizen, Plate 19, "They Call'd Her Pity and Fled...." (Bentley 19)
- Part Of:
- Color-printed relief etching in orange-brown with watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 x 7 1/8 inches (25.4 x 18.1 cm), Plate: 5 7/8 x 4 3/8 inches (14.9 x 11.1 cm), and Spine: 10 1/4 inches (26 cm)
Inscribed in graphite upper right: "15."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- men | nudes | text | vines | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
William Blake, Libros profe´ticos, vol. 1, Atalanta, Vilau¨r, Spain, 2013, p. 319, PR4142 .S35 2013