Crossing the Brook
- between 1859 and 1861
- Etching and line engraving on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 3/4 × 8 7/8 inches (29.8 × 22.5 cm) and Image: 10 1/2 × 8 5/8 inches (26.7 × 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R. 707"; lower right: "R.A. 1815"
Lettered below image, lower left: "J.M.W. TURNER PINXT."; lower center: "CROSSING THE BROOK. | FROM THE PICTURE IN THE NATIONAL GALLERY."; lower right: "W. RICHARDSON, SCULPT"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- genre subject | landscape (representation)
- Associated Places:
- Devon | England | Tamar | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Richardson, active 1842–1877, British, Crossing the Brook, between 1859 and 1861
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.