- For the Sexes: The Gates of Paradise, Plate 10, "My son! my Son!"
- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Spine: 13 3/4 inches (34.9 cm), Sheet: 13 3/8 x 9 3/8 inches (34 x 23.8 cm), and Plate: 3 5/8 x 2 3/8 inches (9.2 x 6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite lower center: "8. In vainglory hatcht and nurst, | By double Spectres, self-accurst. | My Son! my Son! Thou treatest me | But as I have instructed thee. | Blake's 'Key'."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | leaf | literary theme | men | nudes | religious and mythological subject | ruins | spear | stones | text | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, For the Sexes: The Gates of Paradise, Plate 10, "My son! my Son!", 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.