For the Sexes: The Gates of Paradise, Plate 11, "I want! I want!"
- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 13 3/4 inches (34.9 cm), 13 3/8 x 9 3/8 inches (34 x 23.8 cm), and 2 7/8 x 1 7/8 inches (7.3 x 4.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite lower center: "9. On the shadows of the Moon | Climbing thro' Night's highest noon: | Blake's 'Key'."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- children | couple | earth | ladder | literary theme | moon | night | religious and mythological subject | sky | stars
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, For the Sexes: The Gates of Paradise, Plate 11, "I want! I want!", 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.