For the Sexes: The Gates of Paradise, Plate 17, "Death's Door"
- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Spine: 13 3/4 inches (34.9 cm), Sheet: 13 3/8 x 9 3/8 inches (34 x 23.8 cm), and Plate: 2 7/8 x 2 inches (7.3 x 5.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite lower center: "15. The door of Death I open found | And the Worm weaving in the ground. | Blake's 'Key'."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | cane | door | men | robe | staffs (walking sticks) | stone | text
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, For the Sexes: The Gates of Paradise, Plate 17, "Death's Door", 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.