For the Sexes: The Gates of Paradise, Plate 17, "Death's Door"
- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Spine: 13 3/4 inches (34.9 cm), Sheet: 13 3/8 x 9 3/8 inches (34 x 23.8 cm), and Plate: 2 7/8 x 2 inches (7.3 x 5.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite lower center: "15. The door of Death I open found | And the Worm weaving in the ground. | Blake's 'Key'."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | cane | door | literary theme | men | religious and mythological subject | robe | staffs (walking sticks) | stone | text
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, For the Sexes: The Gates of Paradise, Plate 17, "Death's Door", 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.