For the Sexes: The Gates of Paradise, Plate 5, "Earth"
- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 13 3/4 inches (34.9 cm), 13 3/8 x 9 3/8 inches (34 x 23.8 cm), and 3 1/2 x 2 7/8 inches (8.9 x 7.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite lower center: "3. Struggling through Earth's Melancholy. | Blake's 'Key'."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- earth | kneeling | literary theme | men | nudes | religious and mythological subject | rocks (landforms) | text
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, For the Sexes: The Gates of Paradise, Plate 5, "Earth", 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.