IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by James Baylis Allen, 1803–1876, British, Château of Amboise, 1833
Château of Amboise
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Rivers of France
- Line engraving, first published state
- Plate: 5 7/8 x 8 7/8in. (14.9 x 22.5cm), Sheet: 11 1/2 x 16 5/8in. (29.2 x 42.2cm)
Engraved inscriptions: below at left, "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner RA"; and below at right, "Engraved by J.B. Allen"; and below at right, "Printed by McQueen"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered lower right: "Engraved by J.B. Allen. | Printed by McQueen."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge | château | river
- Associated Places:
- Amboise | Centre | Château d'Amboise | Europe | France | Indre-et-Loire | Loire
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
The Romantic Landscape Prints - The Chiaroscuro of Nature (Yale Center for British Art, 2002-09-25 - 2002-12-29) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.