Château of Amboise
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, first published state
- Plate: 5 7/8 x 8 7/8in. (14.9 x 22.5cm) and Sheet: 11 1/2 x 16 5/8in. (29.2 x 42.2cm)
Engraved inscriptions: below at left, "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner RA"; and below at right, "Engraved by J.B. Allen"; and below at right, "Printed by McQueen"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered lower right: "Engraved by J.B. Allen. | Printed by McQueen."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge | château | river
- Associated Places:
- Amboise | Centre | Château d'Amboise | Europe | France | Indre-et-Loire | Loire
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Baylis Allen, 1803–1876, British, Château of Amboise, 1833
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.