IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John R. Skeaping, 1901–1980, British, Chamossaire, 1965
- Former Title(s):
Chamossaire--bronze. [1968, Royal Academy of Arts, London, exhibition catalogue]
- Overall: 11 3/8 x 14 5/8 x 4 1/4 inches (28.9 x 37.1 x 10.8 cm)
Signed on top of base, proper right: "John Skeaping"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- © The estate of John Skeaping / Tate
- Accession Number:
- Paintings and Sculpture
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | horse (animal) | sporting art
- Associated People:
- Chamossaire (1942–1964), British Thoroughbred racehorse and sire best known for winning the classic St Leger Stakes in 1945
- Not on view
- IIIF Manifest:
National Museum of Racing, Inc Presents A Retrospective Exhibition of Bronze Sculptures by John Skeaping RA, National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame, Saratoga Springs, NY, 1979, No. 34, NJ18 SK2 +M45 1979 OVERSIZE (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.