Boy Tying a Girl's Shoe
- Wood-engraving with watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Mount: 8 3/4 x 7 7/8 inches (22.2 x 20 cm), Sheet: 8 7/16 x 7 1/16 inches (21.4 x 18 cm), and Image: 6 11/16 x 5 9/16 inches (17 x 14.2 cm)
Lettered, lower left inside image: "E E"; lower right inside image: "R (R is partially illegible) B"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bag | bonnet | boy | breeches | bridge (built work) | cap | children | coat | dress | flowers (plants) | gate | genre subject | girl | grass | helping | hills | house | jackets | laces | landscape | petticoat | ribbon | scarves | shoes | siblings | stockings | stones | trees | tying | walking
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Barnes, 1840–1895, British, Boy Tying a Girl's Shoe, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.