The Nightingale (tail piece)
- Additional Title(s):
Tail Piece to the Nightingale
- Wood-engraving with hand coloring on moderately thick, slightly textured, blued white wove paper
- Sheet: 7 x 7 5/16 inches (17.8 x 18.5 cm) and Image (tondo): 2 5/8 x 2 5/8 inches (6.7 x 6.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "mach | (C)"; lower center: "Tail piece to The Nightingale"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | bird | branch | children's literature | dark | evening | folk tale | illustration | leaves | moonlight | night | nightingale | singing | song | star | tree
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Alfred W. Cooper, active 1850–1901, British, The Nightingale (tail piece), undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.