The Young Squire
- Wood-engraving with hand coloring on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 15/16 x 7 13/16 inches (17.7 x 19.8 cm) and Image: 3 3/4 x 5 11/16 inches (9.5 x 14.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "(D)"; lower center: "THE YOUNG SQUIRE"; lower right: "at the Top of the page"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boy | breeches (trousers) | child | children's literature | coat | costume | dogs (animals) | genre subject | grass | hat | horse (animal) | illustration | landscape | nobility | riding boots | running | sea | squires | whip
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Alfred W. Cooper, active 1850–1901, British, The Young Squire, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.