The Deserted Nest
- Wood-engraving with hand coloring on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 5 7/8 x 7 3/16 inches (14.9 x 18.2 cm) and 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 inches (10.5 x 13.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "(F)"; upper center: "Take out border line, this drawing | is intended for a vignette"; lower center: "The Deserted Nest ([...] of the page)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bonnet (hat) | child | children's literature | coat | costume | daughter | dress | father | genre subject | girl | grass | hat | illustration | landscape | man | nest (animal architecture) | trees | trousers
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Alfred W. Cooper, active 1850–1901, British, The Deserted Nest, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.