Mrs. Pope, Daughter of Samuel Cooper, Painter; & Mother of Alexander Pope
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 9 15/16 x 7 1/2 inches (25.2 x 19 cm), Plate: 8 1/4 x 6 3/16 inches (20.9 x 15.7 cm), and Image: 5 7/8 x 5 1/8 inches (15 x 13 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "[...]"
Lettered, center left: "J. Richardson delin 1731"; center: "M.RS POPE."; center right: "C. Carter fecit. Aqua forti 1774."; lower center: "Daughter of Samuel Cooper, Painter; & Mother of Alexander Pope, from | an Original Drawing of J. Richardson Sen.r now in the Collection of the Hon.ble Horace Walpole, at Strawberry Hill."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Florence and Maynard Mack
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cape | cloak | elders | gaze | hood | old | portrait | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles Carter, 1665–1745, Mrs. Pope, Daughter of Samuel Cooper, Painter; & Mother of Alexander Pope, 1774
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.