Architectural Designs Incorporating Chinoiserie Motifs: Oblong Paling. A Door. Parallel railing.
- Part Of:
- Etching on medium, textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 13/16 x 15 1/2 inches (25 x 39.3 cm), Plate: 7 13/16 x 12 13/16 inches (19.9 x 32.5 cm), and Image: 7 3/8 x 12 5/16 inches (18.7 x 31.2 cm)
Lettered, in black ink, upper center: "Oblong Paling."; right (vertical along paper edge): "A door."; lower left: "According to Act of Parliamt 1751 Bickham."; lower center: "Parallel Railing."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Chinese | Chinoiserie | columns | designs | domes | door | fences | hill | patterns | portico | railing | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Bickham, 1684–1769, British, Architectural Designs Incorporating Chinoiserie Motifs: Oblong Paling. A Door. Parallel railing, 1751
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.