IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by George Bickham, 1684–1769, British, Architectural Designs Incorporating Chinoiserie motifs: China Railing, 1751
Architectural Designs Incorporating Chinoiserie motifs: China Railing
- Additional Title(s):
China Railing ~
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Architectural Designs Incorporating Chinoiserie Motifs
- Etching on medium, textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 13/16 x 15 3/8 inches (25 x 39.1 cm), Plate: 8 1/4 x 12 7/8 inches (21 x 32.7 cm), Image: 7 5/16 x 12 11/16 inches (18.5 x 32.2 cm)
Lettered, in black ink, upper center: "China Railing~"; lower left: "Sold in Mary's Buildings Coven Garden According to Act of Parliam't 1751
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | busts | Chinese | Chinoiserie | designs | fences | garden | hill | pagoda (building) | railings | statues | trees | wood
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.